- Boil 2 cups of water
- When the water comes to a boil, brew with a green tea bag
- Add to blender when brewed
- Add baby carrots (handful), spinach leaves (about 2 cups), half a cucumber, chia seeds (1 tablespoon), flax seeds (2 teaspoons), and Trader Joe’s Organic Hemp Protein mix
- Blend until all the ingredients are liquefied
- Add strawberries, 1 banana, 1 kiwi, and 1 green apple
- Add more strawberries, if needed for taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, if desired
- Viola! Enjoy!
Green smoothies add great nutritional value to your daily food intake. I try to drink a green smoothie 3 to 4 times a week because I lack in my daily fruit and vegetable intake. I’ve noticed clearer skin and I have more energy during the day, as a result of this (how regular you become is a different story *hands over eyes*).
Many people question me about the taste, since the combination does sound a bit unfavorable. The key is to blend the vegetables first, then add the fruit and blend. You can always alter any green smoothie recipe you come across to your liking. I prefer fresh fruit versus frozen fruit because it gives it’s a fresher taste, in my opinion. Please note, do not add a lot of fruit to mask the taste of the vegetables due to the amount of sugars found in the fruit.
Good luck & happy blending! Stay tuned for more green smoothie recipes 🙂