I can’t lie, as any curlfriend would be, I was a little nervous about how my hair would look post my hair straightening experience (read about it here). I wanted to ride this moment out, so I decided to do stretched twist-outs until I ready for wash day (yesss! I have to mentally prepare myself for this process lol). Days before I washed my hair, my ends started to slowly revert on its own, so I knew there would still be hope lol.
I washed my hair using the following steps:
- Wet hair & pre-poo’d with 2 tbsp of Trader Joe’s coconut oil mixed with 10 drops of peppermint oil. Rinsed.
- Shampooed twice with SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo. Rinsed.
- Finger detangled hair with Trader Joe’s Tea Tingle Conditioner & twisted hair in 8 sections.
- Rinsed with ACV Dandruff & Hair Clarifying Treatment (found on heyfranhey.com) –let Trader Joe’s ACV sit for 20 mins. Rinsed with warm water.
- Due to the straightening process, I wanted to deep condition with protein, so I mixed Aubrey GPB, coconut oil, JBCO, olive oil, 1 tbsp of honey, & peppermint oil, & sat under my Huetiful steamer.
- Then, covered hair with Turbie Twist, so that it was 50% dry before styling.
I twisted my hair into sections with flat twists in the front to frame my face & two strand twists in the back.
The next day, I let my hair down with BioSilk Silk Therapy on my fingertips & POWWWW! My curls were back like they never left.
I say all of this to say, you can be a #funnatural & live a little without damaging your hair. Just make sure to get your hair straightened by a professional, someone you trust. I will probably never straighten my hair myself, but at least I know I have that option & can switch up my look as I please.
FTC Disclosure: All items were purchased with my own money.